5.1 Surround to go with LG OLED EG960V

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by lee udberg, Mar 31, 2016.

1. lee udberg

lee udberg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hey,

I'm moving house next week and looking to upgrade my surround system - the one I have currently (a Sony HT-AS5 5.1) has been spot on and I can't fault it given its quite old but I don't want to take this with me to the new house as I ran all the wires behind the skirting boards so i'm looking for something wireless if possible now.

I've looked at soundbars which im not that keen on as a 5.1 replacement but would couple a soundbar with a surround system if needed. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions - at the moment its setup by an optical cable running straight to the tv , my games console and sky box run by hdmi straight to the tv aswell.

Quite a novice with sound systems so my current setup is probably trash by today standards - for budget im just looking for something reasonable , I dont want all the bells and whistles but I dont mind paying a few quid for good quality , anywhere up to £600 realistically.

Do you guys have any suggestions? - thanks in advance

2. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,409
  3. lee udberg

lee udberg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
  4. PSM1

PSM1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,409
    There are plenty of different speaker packages to choose from so should be able to find something suitable.
    That package is amazing value for money and will be hard to beat at that price point.