5.1 Surround sound for PC

gr82bthe1st

Standard Member
Hi Guys and Girls.

I'm looking at getting a 5.1 surround sound system for my PC.

The ones I have been looking at are:

Logitech Z506 5.1 Speakers with 3D Surround (£72.61)

OR

Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers (£287.98)

What I was wondering is if there is a great difference which would make spending the extra £200.

I'll be using it for music and movies.

If you have any other suggestions, they are more than welcome.

Budget wise, I don't really want to go above £300 - the cheaper the better (without losing too much quality).

Thanks for your help in advance.

SUMMONER

I have had my basic set of Logitech X-530s for a year now and am very happy with them. I use them when playing games, watching movies and listening to Rock, Pop and Jazz music.

What are you going to use them for? games, movies, general rock and pop music, bass heavy tunes, classical music?

Are you planning to connect them only to your computer or also to an AMP/Freeview box/TV etc... ?

Currently available for a very manageable £39.99 delivered @ Currys.

Logitech offer a 20% off voucher (for use in their own webshop only!) if you trade in your old Logitech speaker set.

Last edited:

gr82bthe1st

Standard Member
a bit of gaming, mostly movies (so HD audio is preferable), music (some of my music is quite bass heavy) other than that its mainly pop, rock.

Would be good if I could connect to my TV / Xbox as well, but isn't a must!

Thanks for the reply!

SUMMONER

Well, if you want surround sound from your TV/Xbox you don't have a choice, you will need to spend the extra cash on the Z906 (or equivalent set with digital input/decoder).

The Z506 can only play Stereo (which gets up-mixed to 5.1) from non-desktop computers. The speakers basically require the playback device to have 3 x 3.5mm analogue outputs for surround sound.

I would suggest that you print off the Z906 spec sheet and then walk past your local Richer Sounds store and ask them to do you a quote for a good value equivalent. I think you will be a lot happier with what they will sell you.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom