• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

5.1 Surround Sound - Centre Front Rear inputs RCA output

adrian4408

Standard Member
I'm very confused by this but I have a cheap 5.1 surround sound set, that on the back of the sub has 3 inputs (3.5mm jack sockets):

Centre (C/S)
Rear
Front

I'm trying to connect it to my new LCD TV. The TV audio output is RCA Left and right (Red and White)

So how do I connect it up? I have a RCA cable (red and white one end 3.5mm jack the other) connected to the "front" sub input at the mo. Is that right? If so what are the centre and rear sockets for? Should I be connecting something to each socket?

Below is a picture of the back of the sub. Any help would be very gratefully received.

Attachments

• 27052009480.jpg
    27052009480.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 3,266

Rich Marshall

Looks like the speaker system has no processing built into it (dolby pro logic/ dolby digital etc) so from your stereo tv you will just get stereo sound through the L+R chanels and bass through the sub.

On some dvd players and PC's there are separate outputs for each chanel your speaker system looks to be designed for these type of applications.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom