• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

5.1 surround question/query

liverpoolee

Established Member
hello,
i've tried searching but to no avail.i have this audio prolem with my set up and its bugging the **** out of me.
i bought this entry level surround sound system(goodmans 4200pro),it does a decent job to be fair. my sky hd sound is connected to it through an optical cable.when i'm watching something thats in 5.1 it comes up on the amp as being dolby digital.everything is fine with this.the problem is this.
i also have a samsung hd870 upscaling dvd player connected through coaxial to the amp.when i have a 5.1 soundtrack dvd playing it doesn't come up as dolby digital and it most definately isn't in surround 5.1.
i've tried swapping the coaxial with the optical but it still isn't coming through in 5.1.
when i press the audio button on my dvd player it's saying the soundtrack is 5.1.
any help/ideas would be appreciated....lee

liverpoolee

Established Member
Go into the DVD players audio menu and ensure it is set to Bitstream or Raw.

just done it mate.thanks a lot.i can't begin to express and appreciate the help i've had over the years from people like yourself.it works perfectly now.cheers.......lee

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom