• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

5.1 suggestions to go with my ARCAM DIVA 250

TrickyBob

Standard Member
Anyone out there help me? I've just managed to get hold of a (slightly used) ARCAM DIVA AVR 250 and need some 5.1 speakers to go with it. I've a budget of around £400. Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.
I need for films and music so a good all rounder would be ideal.
I'm a newbie at this so please treat me gently.

johnr2110

Hi TrickyBob

You don't say whether you want small speakers like Kef eggs or full range like B&W 600 series.

I appreciate both these are out of your quoted price range & are only mentioned as examples.

Regards

John R.

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Sounds like another candidate for the great Wharfedale deal from Superfi:

Though of course if you do want satellites as per above, ignore away! But with an amp like that, i'd get something that will do it more justice!

WHARFEDALE DIAMOND 9 HCP HOME CINEMA SPEAKER SYSTEM (LIMITED EDITION, WALNUT FINISH) - available from Superfi UK Visit http://www.superfi.co.uk/index.cfm/page/moreinfo.cfm/product_id/4281 for details

It's worth seeing if you can upgrade the fronts to the 9.1's though as they're appreciably better...

The other good budget option is the Q Acoustics package:

Q Acoustics 1000 Cinema 1010i 5.1 award-winning: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

It does kill the budget but you're getting decent cables with it (nothing like £155 worth, but it is still decent stuff...)

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom