5.1 speakers for Onkyo TX-NR708

derchris

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I could need some help finding good, and also cheap, 5.1 speakers for my new TX-NR708.
Budget wise I was looking at 400-500 max.
Now some would say "Are you kidding, you just spend ~700 on the AV receiver".
But it is the cheapest from Onkyo that has network support, and I used Onkyo receivers before.
Anyway, are there TX-NR708 users out there who could recommend decent speakers? Or anyone else?
But still within my budget range?

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Qacoustics or wharfedale 10 series are ones worth checking.. or maybe have a bigger overall speaker budget and add to it over time

Thanks.

I'm currently looking at the Wharfedale 10 HCP.
They look really nice, and I found a Shop who sells them for £399.
I would go with them at the moment.

If you would compare the Tannoy against the Wharfedale, which one is better?
Can see the Tannoy has lots of Awards.
Both have the same price.

If you would compare the Tannoy against the Wharfedale, which one is better?
Can see the Tannoy has lots of Awards.
Both have the same price.

I think only a direct side by side comparison will determine which is best; if you can do that, then that is the way to decide.

If you can't it's a case of looking at reviews and comparing specs.. Both are good speaker brands and will work well with the onkyo amp tonally.

The tannoys are a bigger cabinet, which is generally better. The satellites on both systems have the same low end frequency response, but the centre on the Tannoys goes lower and it would be the better centre for using with the standard 80HZ crossover (at 75HZ, the centre on the wharfdales is a bit high to use a 80HZ crossover IMHO).

Also, the tannoys were originally a more expensive set.

The Tannoy are now £369.95
Sounds like I should buy them ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom