5.1 speakers for home cinema room

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Yep, will do. Room is a total mess. I was thinking to put a small shelf directly under the TV and use a foam wedge to angle slightly. I thought with the DALI you didn't need to angle to listener as much, or is that just marketing bs?

Yep, don`t angle the mains but the speaker looks to sit bit too low, so better idea would be to raise it up as much as you can.

Dobbyisfree

You could use something like @gibbsy uses to lift up his TV to lift up the centre:

paulbrannan

You could use something like @gibbsy uses to lift up his TV to lift up the centre:

Hmm,think I may mount on a shelf just below TV as the cabinet I have isn't super sturdy and I'd be concerned about vibrations

paulbrannan

Few images from getting started today. Cue the first hole for the in-ceiling speaker, and hit a beam. Better look the second time and filled in the 1st hole to clean up later 20210816_203719.jpg20210816_203725.jpg
Thought we'd be a bit wiser when cutting for the 2nd speaker and moved the hole but hit a bloody beam again. Same drill, excuse the pun.
Beams along along the false ceiling so feeding wires through was a PITA. Fed the right in-ceiling over to the left and then will go down through the plaster board.20210816_195222.jpg20210816_195230.jpg
That was not easy either so ended up cutting a channel which I'll plaster over later. The rest went a bit easier but that's enough for today. Front Oberons come tomorrow.20210816_203732.jpg20210816_203740.jpg

password1

Distinguished Member
Couldn't you check where the beams are and run the cables above the ceiling by lifting a floor board above? Saves trial and error and plastering.

paulbrannan

Couldn't you check where the beams are and run the cables above the ceiling by lifting a floor board above? Saves trial and error and plastering.
We thought we knew where they were but they weren't evenly spaced for some reason. The room is an extension with no floor above, just has a false ceiling. All sorted now anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom