5.1 Speaker upgrade recommendation from Q Acoustic 2000I (2020 Front Pair) - 3050i / Concept 5.1?

Kevin Greenway

Novice Member
Hi All,

I'm considering a 5.1 speaker upgrade package from my current Q Acoustic 2000I (+ upgraded 2020 front speakers) connected to a Denon AVR-2300W amp. This is primarily for TV, Movies and Music. Music probably 20% of time, but when music is played it's generally played loud and to pack a punch! I've been extremely happy with the Q Acoustics 2000i and I think the sound fidelity and audio quality from them is fantastic, I'm just looking for the next step up after several years of ownership.

I'm looking at either the Q Acoustic 3050i or Q Acoustic Concept 5.1. Has anybody done a similar upgrade and can give any feedback? Additionally general feedback of the 3050i or Concept 5.1 as a comparison to how they compare? Would my current amp (Denon AVR-2300W) be ok with either speaker system? The living room where they are intended is 6.7m wide and 3.3m deep.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

gibbsy

Hi All,

I'm considering a 5.1 speaker upgrade package from my current Q Acoustic 2000I (+ upgraded 2020 front speakers) connected to a Denon AVR-2300W amp. This is primarily for TV, Movies and Music. Music probably 20% of time, but when music is played it's generally played loud and to pack a punch! I've been extremely happy with the Q Acoustics 2000i and I think the sound fidelity and audio quality from them is fantastic, I'm just looking for the next step up after several years of ownership.

I'm looking at either the Q Acoustic 3050i or Q Acoustic Concept 5.1. Has anybody done a similar upgrade and can give any feedback? Additionally general feedback of the 3050i or Concept 5.1 as a comparison to how they compare? Would my current amp (Denon AVR-2300W) be ok with either speaker system? The living room where they are intended is 6.7m wide and 3.3m deep.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
I think your question is better off here.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

3050i should pack little more "punch" over Concept 40s, but Concept may sound better in some other areas. The Concept range uses same drivers found on your QA 2000i range, better cabinet and audio crossover parts over the 3000i range.

3050i has larger cab W310 x H1020 x D310 mm vs Concept 40 - 972H x 288D x 170W and also larger 165mm drivers vs. 125mm on Concept.

Ideally you would buy just the front three and subwoofer from other manufacturer as there isn´t any matching requirements. Which subwoofer to get depends budget and do you have any size requirements? You mention that you also listen loud so you definitely want something that will put a smile on face.

password1

Distinguished Member
The concept 20 and 40 share the same tweeters but everything else is better. The cones look similar to other QA speakers but are actually bespoke. they have a costing not found on the 2000i series cones. The woofers on the concept 40 are bespoke and not found.on other models, they have improved motor system with the larger more powerful magnets and have the coating on as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom