For Sale 5.1 Speaker system / no receiver/ Wharfdale / Cambridge / Tannoy / Reduced price / offering postage Now

Adziadam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Hi all,

For sale is my 5.1 setup only 6 months old as I have now have new speakers on order.

It is a good entry-level setup to get you in the world of surround sound and the price all new would cost £298, speakers haven't been abused or put on max volume and are well looked after.

The specs are as follows:

4x Wharfdale diamond 9
Brand Wharfedale
Colour Black
Magnetically Shielded 1
Sensitivity (dB) 86
Impedance (ohms) 6
Power Rating (Watts) 75
Weight (KG) 2
Black Yes
Freq Response (Hz) 60 - 24,000
Speaker Enclosure Type Bass Reflex
Speaker Dimensions WxDxH (mm) 145 x 165 x 236

1x Tannoy Eclipse Centre
Brand Tannoy
Colour Black
Sensitivity (dB) 90
Impedance (ohms) 8
Power Rating (Watts) 45/180 (Continous/Peak)
Speaker Enclosure Type Bass Reflex
Weight (KG) 3.6
Freq Response (Hz) 67 - 32,000
Speaker Dimensions WxDxH (mm) 400 x 160 x 157

1x Cambridge Audio SX120 Subwoofer
Brand Cambridge Audio
Colour Black
Power Rating (Watts) 70
Weight (KG) 7.7
Black Yes
Included Cables No
Auto On/Off Yes
Crossover Frequency (Hz) 50 - 150
Freq Response (Hz) 34 - 150
Driver Units 8 inch driver
Speaker Dimensions WxDxH (mm) 300 x 310 x 300

Collection only as there are a lot of speakers and I wouldn't have a box let alone protection for them, can deliver as well.

Please ask questions if you would like.

Thanks
Adam

Picture 1.jpgPicture 2.jpgPictures 3.jpgPictures 4.jpg

Price and currency
Delivery cost included
Delivery is NOT included
Prefer goods collected?
I prefer the goods to be collected
Advertised elsewhere?
Advertised elsewhere
Payment method
Cash / Bank transfer

Attachments

TypeRsi

Novice Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Hi newbie here would these work well with a Sony str-dn1080 7.2 receiver
Thanks
Simon

Adziadam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Hi there,

It would be unfair to recommend these as a seller to you as everything comes down to preference budget etc.

It is a 5.1 system and it is cheap, depends on your needs it worked well for me and they will work with your receiver ofc, it may be worth doing some research on the speakers to make a decision like I said in the advert they are only 6 months old so they are in really good condition and compared to retail nearly 50% off the subwoofer is worth £150 new on its own so you can take that view into consideration.

I hope that helps.

Thanks
Adam

TypeRsi

Novice Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Thanks for replying. I made the mistake of buying the receiver thinking I could use it with my 10 year old Samsung surround speakers (3ohm). After reading the booklet that came with said receiver is said speakers 6 ohm and above. I have also purchased some onkyo atmos speakers as well. So if these will give me a decent start into the home theatre experience without a massive outlay I'm all for it. Can always upgrade in the future.

Adziadam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Yes I would say entry level without the massive outlay as you will have a 5.1.2 system and you can of course change and upgrade over time. If you would like to buy them let me know if you would like to collect or if not a million miles away I could drop them off you can pm me ofc.

Meliewx

Novice Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I think similar to some other interested parties, I'm too far away for collection. Based in Stockport myself but very interested.

Adziadam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I think similar to some other interested parties, I'm too far away for collection. Based in Stockport myself but very interested.
It's difficult to decide on posting or not because of the sheer size of everything and protecting all the items at the same time unless I were to split it down into separate packages the postage costs would spiral

Meliewx

Novice Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
It's difficult to decide on posting or not because of the sheer size of everything and protecting all the items at the same time unless I were to split it down into separate packages the postage costs would spiral
Definitely, can completely appreciate that about the postage. It's a perfect little starter package hence all the interest I'm sure. Hopefully someone more local snaps it up for you!

Adziadam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Offering postage now please let me know if interested and I will price up the postage will have to be sent in 2 packages.

wildweasel

Novice Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Hi, I'm very interested in buying these speakers from you. I'd need them delivered as I'm in Plymouth, how would you like to go about that? I use Hermes when I sell online and get them to collect from my house, so I'm happy to go that route.

I appreciate that I'm a new member here, so if you like I can send you a link to my ebay account so you can see my feedback there.

Thanks, Rod.

Adziadam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Shipping would be £12 as it will come in 2 packages subwoofer on it's own ofc.

Payment via bacs transfer then I will ship, I cant ship without any payment.

PM me if you would like to proceed then I'll get the wheels in motion.

Thanks
Adam

Adziadam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Hi, I'm very interested in buying these speakers from you. I'd need them delivered as I'm in Plymouth, how would you like to go about that? I use Hermes when I sell online and get them to collect from my house, so I'm happy to go that route.

I appreciate that I'm a new member here, so if you like I can send you a link to my ebay account so you can see my feedback there.

Thanks, Rod.
As above

wildweasel

Novice Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
All the speakers have arrived safe and sound, and in perfect condition - you obviously looked after them well.

I'm listening to some dub on a pair of the Diamonds now and they sound a lot better than I was expecting them to - clear without being too bright, nice mids and impressive bass for such tiny little cabinets and cones, especially as I'm playing them through a HTIB receiver while I wait for my av receiver to arrive.

Thanks for packing them so well and for getting them off to me so fast, I appreciate it.

Adziadam

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I am glad to hear you enjoy them, once you get the full 5.1 in gear will make a good setup.

wildweasel

Novice Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I'm sure they will. Just for fun, I've now swapped the Diamonds onto a tiny, smaller than a pack of cigarettes 50W d amp and they still sound surprisingly good.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?

Latest News

TV licence fee now applies to over 75s from 1st Aug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
New H.266 video codec promises 50 percent data saving
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba launches UL20 4K HDR TVs from £299
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG GX soundbar launches in UK
  • By Andy Bassett