Virtualanam

Novice Member
Hi,

I have bought some wharfdale dx-2 5.1 speakers to go with my Denon x2400h amp and am trying to work out best speaker placement.

Like most living rooms, I don't have a meter between the sofa and the back wall and the rear speakers will have to go on the wall slightly behind and to each side. I have the option to setup these speakers as either back surround or side surround but appreciate they are probably placed somewhere inbetween. I could use brackets to angle the speakers but which option is likely to give me the better results?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

PSM1

Distinguished Member
For 5.1 your amp will say to put the surrounds into the SR/SL outputs and they are the ones to use. If you look at the placement for a 5.1 setup the speakers should be more to the side than the rear anyway so you should be fine with that. You would only use the SBL/SBR outputs if you have a 7.1 system.
If you can use the SBL/SBR on their own then it would not matter anyway since the amp will do the same thing no matter which one you used. So if you have a 5.1 soundtrack the amp will play the rear effects will be sent to the rear speaker no matter which output you used so hence would sound no different.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom