1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.1 speaker package

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by kezz, Sep 17, 2003.

1. kezz

kezz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am looking for a speaker package that would hopefully plug straight into my dvd player (a Pioneer DV 360). I have only seen 2 packages that advertise doing this:

A flimsy looking Limit set from Richer sounds at 50 quid

and

The Sony HT-BE1 priced at around 200 - 250.

Does anybody know of any others or could you provide an alternative solution for a lowly budget of 250 quid. The room they are going to be used in is tiny (less than 9 feet by 9 feet)

Thanks in advance

kezz

2. mike_cummi

mike_cummi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know you want an active speaker package but choice is fairly limited and you won't be able to hook any other sources to it. For better sound and flexibility I'd go for a seperate amp and speaker package. For £120 you could get the pioneer VSXC100 which has DPL2, and there are two eltax packages that look as if they would work well in a small room - the spectrum and cubic at £100 and £70 respectively. even a 9X9 room would have space for a receiver and a sub and you can wall mount the satellites.

3. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    The acoustic solutions packages in Argos are not bad if you want an 'all in one'. Real 'Entry level' but effective.

4. narabdela

narabdela

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yes you can.

5. kezz

kezz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After reading a few positive posts about it I have decided to go with the Sony HTK25 for 200 quid from Hifi-Bitz. Thanks for the replies :)

kezz