5.1 speaker location

Tom Kelley

Novice Member
I just purchased the Klipsch 800 cinema 5.1 surround system for my Sony A80J 65 inch OLED TV. Should I place the satellite speakers on each side of the tv or on the other end of the room for the best sound?

Jester1066

I just purchased the Klipsch 800 cinema 5.1 surround system for my Sony A80J 65 inch OLED TV. Should I place the satellite speakers on each side of the tv or on the other end of the room for the best sound?
I assume you mean this Klipsch package:

klipsch_1069454_cinema_800_5_1_dolby_1598906140000_1566874.jpg

If so. The 2 satellite speakers should be placed at just above seated ear height on the opposite wall to the TV either side of your main seating position. The satellite speakers are classed as rear surrounds, so should be placed in the same position as surround sound speakers in a traditional 5.1 speaker layout:

speaker-placement-5.1.jpg

Hope this helps

Tom Kelley

Novice Member
I assume you mean this Klipsch package:

View attachment 1546164

If so. The 2 satellite speakers should be placed at just above seated ear height on the opposite wall to the TV either side of your main seating position. The satellite speakers are classed as rear surrounds, so should be placed in the same position as surround sound speakers in a traditional 5.1 speaker layout:

View attachment 1546165

Hope this helps
Yes, this does help. Thank you for your answer.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom