1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.1 sound on games does it exist ?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by FoxyMulder, Dec 3, 2002.

1. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does 5.1 channel sound exist ive upgraded to a RGB scart and 5.1 channel optical out but Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dead or Alive 3 on the XBox still only play as dolby pro logic i have a good system a sony DTS and Dolby Digital Amp strb930 set to auto format decode helpppppppp wots up ?

2. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes 5.1 does exist on the Xbox - i can confirm games like Halo, Sega GT 2002, Project Gotham Racing do do 5.1 sound.

Im not sure if DOA3 and Buffy support 5.1 sound though - you will need to check the back of the boxes to see if it says Dolby Digital sound (5.1)

Spike

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    And some are in anamorphic WS too.

Just bought my xbox and two of the games (Rocky and Sega GT 2002) are in WS much to my surprise.

4. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    I have both Buffy and DOA3 on the XBox and can confirm they decode as 5.1 on my system. Sounds like you may not be passing the 5.1 signal, have you checked the audio section of the XBox dash and 'Enabled' DTS and DD?

5. lechacal

lechacal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    You don't need an RGB SCART. You need the lead with the optical audio out that you plug into the digital amp. 5.1 sound can only be carried on digital leads (optical/coax), not analogue - that's why you only get stereo/prologic.

6. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the optical lead connected but havent checked the audio section of the X box thats obviously not been set right so i'm sure when i recheck it and re-set it everything will be fine thks for ur help folks