Question 5.1 setup for under $1,000?

JohnMcClane

Novice Member
Hello,

New here and looking for recommendations for a 5.1 setup for around $1,000. This setup will be used for home theater/movies/gaming/music. The room is 30'x30' with 20' vaulted ceilings and hardwood floors.

I've read good reviews about the Pioneer FS52's, so I was wondering if I should just stick with the matching Pioneer SP-BS22-LR bookshelf for the rear L & R channel, or the Micca RB42's? And the Pioneer SP-C22 for the center channel? I was also thinking of the Dayton Sub-1500 due to the price and reviews I've read.

For the receiver I was thinking the Denon AVR-S740H receiver.

I can get everything for under $1,000, which is about my budget. I am open to any thoughts or suggestions. Thanks.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Room and Room Layout are key - vaulted ceilings, hardwood floor and a ‘large’ space are all quite challenging in terms of acoustics.

A room/seating plan would be helpful.

You don’t say if you are planning to go ‘TV’ or Projection.

Joe

JohnMcClane

Novice Member
Hi Joe,

I'll be going with a 75" 4k TV (undecided as to which one as of now). Couch will be centered and approximately 6-9' from the TV.

The other 15' to the left and right of the center of the couch are the walls which are 10' high. The ceiling vaults from these 10' walls to a 20' peak over the center of the couch.

I will try and sketch it out when I get home.

Top Bottom