1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.1 setup for PC & TV ??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Pezerinno, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Pezerinno

Dec 26, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi, I am in the process of buying a 32" LCD TV for the bedroom/study.

I will also be buying the thomson DHD-4000 Freeview PVR as well as a DVD player of some sort depending on the TV I end on getting although its looking as though it may be the Denon 1910.

I want some 5.1 speakers for my PC I'm currently building which will be next to the TV and so I was hoping, due to lack of room and not wanting to go overboard finance wise, I could buy one system for both the PC and the TV.

I will use the speakers connected to the PC for music and surround sound gaming. They would be connected by optical cable to an audigy 2 ZS gamer soundcard.

What is the best system to get for my needs? The speakers will have to go on the desk (no stands necessary) and the room is quite small.

I have to have optical from the PC and I'd want optical from the DVD player and if possible from the PVR. I was looking at systems like the Klegg M8 5.1 but would I be best off with an amp? Or should I get a different DVD player, one that is good for 5.1 surround sound then just buy some speakers?

I'm open to all suggestions.

I originally was going to get some logitech Z-5500 but I think I would be better off getting something more home theatre based rather than PC based but something that works well with the PC.

Thanks. Nick.