Question 5.1 set

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by ElWray, Jul 22, 2018.

1. ElWray

ElWray
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,
    i have 2 questions. I'm looking at this price category

1. Which 5.1 set is better ? (Only for movie (1080p,4k), room - 43m2)

a) Q Acoustics (4x - 3020i, 1x - 3090Ci, 1x - 3060Sub)
    b) Dali (2x- Zensor 3, 2x - Zensor 1, 1x - Zensor Vokal, 1x - SUB E-9F)

2.Which AVR is better for this set ?

a)Sony STR-DN1080
    b)Onkyo tx-nr686
    c)Denon avr-x3400h

Thx for answer.

2. Gasp3621

Gasp3621

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +917
    There is not many people that have heard new 3000i serie yet. But having owned QA 2000i serie and reading lot of from QA 3000 i would say QA is more neutral sounding and Dali Zensor is more brighter sounding but the soundstage was something special when i heard Zensors years ago(Z5). I believe Dali Zensor Vokal has the edge when it comes to center channel. Zensor models are physically larger aswell (including drivers) and also easier load to receiver which is always good thing. I assume you can`t listen them as you are asking this? Without listening it`s like ordering new car without test driving. :confused: I would throw Monitor Audio Bronze serie (B2, BC, B1) in the mix aswell if pricing & availability is good there.

Those subwoofers are very poor for movie system and especially for such a large room they would be nearly useless!! As you only watch movies, do yourself a favour and buy better subwoofer. I will guarantee it will make your system sound much better! No "matching" needed. You won`t be happy with either of those two "package" subwoofers in a 43m2 room! Don´t be scared of the larger size and you you can always turn it down if needed. You probably won`t though. :rolleyes: Ask speaker prices (5.0) without subwoofer!

As you live inside EU (CZ), your best bet in large room (with low budget) would be XTZ 12.17 or XTZ 1x12 (shipping 32€)! If you can`t afford them, save up don´t make the mistake buying crappy sub, then nobody buys it and you have to sold it for low price and lose money to get better one eventually. You`ll thank me later..
    XTZ SUB 12.17 Active-Subwoofer - XTZ Sound in Balance
    XTZ SUB 1X12 active subwoofer - XTZ Sound in Balance

SVS PB1000 / PB2000 / PC2000 is another option depending local pricing;
    Highend - Hlavní strana

From those three i would choose Denon X3400H, best features, future proofing (preouts for poweramp, eARC via firmware..) and measured performance is great. That is if there isn`t any mega jumps in price! If you go with Onkyo check 676 model price first and compare features, internal parts are 100% same so you are paying extra for couple new features!

Notice those models are "stuck" with 5.2.2 / 7.2, so if you ever get bitten by the Atmos bug, you will be dreaming fast on 5.1.4 / 7.1.2 / 7.1.4 setup in your large room! In that case you should look in to Marantz SR6012 / Denon X4400H / Onkyo RZ-730 (9.2 receivers with 11.2 processing) as they are more future proof in that sense. Just wanted to make sure you have thought every little detail before pulling plug. Buyers remorse is something you don`t want to have...

3. ElWray

ElWray
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thx, I bought dali zensor 3 2x, dali zensor vokal and pb-1000, avr-3400h