5.1 recorders are they coming ???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SILVERBACK, Mar 15, 2004.

1. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    i seen a thread about a philips i think it was being able to record 5.1 cant find the thread now:confused: but anyway does this mean its worth hanging on for the new 5.1 recorders because i dont wanna be upgrading after half a year.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,343
    5.1 recording is being added to the top-of-the-range Philips model released in the US. Whether we will get it here (along with the HDMI connection) hasn't been announced yet. Hopefully we will - although the general consensus among the industry seems to be that the UK doesn't have sufficient suitable sources to make it worthwhile. I would disagree given the amount of Freeview and Sky+ boxes there are now...

3. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    damn it lol i still stuck betwen take a chance or get done over in a few months lol GOD I HATE HOME CINEMA SOMETIMES AND TECHNOLOGY :) i also hate this bloody cordless keyboard makes me look dyslexic

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,343
    5.1 recording is going to be of most interest to those who record alot of movies from Sky+. Although it will (obviously) offer a sound improvement for standard broadcasts as well I'm not convinced it's something to make one urgently upgrade for. Especially as virtually all such transmitted movies are available on commercial DVD with somewhat better quality soundtracks anyway.

5. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    point taken oh wise one lol :)