5.1 Question

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mickeyc, Feb 19, 2002.

1. mickeyc

mickeyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the Toshiba 210 DVD player Im buying has An Analogue 2 channel audio out-put only, can I connect a six channel home cinema reciever with built in Dolby Digital & DTS Decoder to get the 5.1 sound Im after.
    Any Thoughts
    Regards:confused:

2. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mickey,

All you need to do is connect the player to the amp using the single digital output (this is either optical or coaxial). There's no need to to use the stereo outputs (unless you want a separate input to your amp for CD playing duties).

Cheers,

BH

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I't won't only have a 2 channel output, that is for connecting to an HiFI amp. You will get an optical output and an RF output to input to your 6 channel amp.

DaveP

4. mickeyc

mickeyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many Thanks
    mickey

5. mickeyc

mickeyc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many Thanks
    Mickey

6. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are connecting the DVD player to an amp that has DPLII/NEO6 you will have to connect the 2phonos from the back of the DVD player, as these two sound formats work on analogue signals not digital. The amp i am to refering to is the Denon which i own, i don't know about any other makes but i would think they would need the same connection.......

7. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The above only applies if you are wanting to listen to a DVD that has not got a D/D/DTS soundtrack and you want to enhance the soundtrack with DPLII/NEO6