5.1 Placement in a small room

kklle

Novice Member
The title says it all. Small space where I am looking to put up my existing 5.1 surround system. The couch is smack dab against the wall. The main person being down here (me) will be using a low to the ground gaming chair which will be in front of the couch. I circled where I envision the speakers to go, but want to get the pro's thoughts! ear level or slightly above ear level typically the way to go? Anything I should do differently due to the small space?

Thanks!
1599858477360.png

1599858531366.png

1599858559005.png

shodan

Distinguished Member
That's not the worst idea. Bring the fronts down though, in line with the middle of the TV or a little lower abs just a bit higher than the centre.
You never know how it's going to work out until it's in though.

gibbsy

As above, bring the fronts lower, especially as you will be sitting in a fairly low position. With the distance being quite short between those fronts, along with the centre being in the cabinet, why not dispense with the centre and run as a 4.1. The centre's audio will be downmixed to the left and right and actually has a better chance of locking to the screen than an offset centre.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom