• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

5.1 Layout for PC in Bedroom?

Mega Whats

Standard Member
Hi everyone - long time lurker/first time poster here, hoping to get some advice.

Basically, I'd like to add 5.1 speakers to my pc which is unfortunately in my bedroom. At the moment I'm leaning towards the Q Acoustics 2000i speaker set, and have a few nominees for AVRs to audition. But before I actually go and buy anything, I wanted to run my potential layout by the experts.

Attached is a pic of my room. Being a bedroom, I can't dedicate the entire space to the system, so I'm trying to fit everything in, while compromising the sound as little as possible. The furniture is currently laid out as is shown in the diagram, but it can be changed (room will be decorated/recarpeted before the sound system is installed). Even the radiator can be moved to another wall without too much fuss (brother is a plumber).

At the moment I'm think of using Q Acoustic's own wall mounts for the fronts and rears in the positions shown (speakers represented by the beautifully drawn yellow boxes!) and they could be pretty much attached to any area of exposed wall in the room.

So ignoring speaker/receiver choices just for a moment, could the proposed layout work well, or would I be better off moving stuff around? Other info that might be relevant;

• The room is about 3.8m x 3.7m.
  • I will be using the system mainly for PC gaming, but also some movies and music.
  • As I say, all stuff in the room can be moved about/repositioned if needs be and speakers can be mounted safely on any of the walls. Wall height is just under 2.5m.
  • Wouldn't have a problem incorporating acoustic treatments if it'll help attain a satisfactory room layout.

Obviously I'm just looking to hash out potential problems/solutions at this stage and all feedback would be appreciated. :)

Attachments

• resource_export_1367788590520.jpg
    resource_export_1367788590520.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 1,010

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom