5.1 height of rear speakers

joe-turbo

Hi all,

I have a QAccoustic 5.1 setup which I have always been pleased with

I have recently purchased a corner sofa so have lost the area that I used to place my left rear speaker.

I am now looking at the QAacoustic wall mounts. If I mount the rear speaker near the top of the walls about 7ft (above the corner of the sofa and above the door angled down toward the sofa) would I still get the same experience?

A04CD90A-AF8E-4EBD-89CD-43BFFD8B842C.jpeg

D0A36122-3B72-4A4A-BBFF-81068C387E34.jpeg

EFAD5372-91D7-406F-973D-F01F4112E9E0.jpeg

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
As you already have Q Acoustics speakers, why not look at the Q Acoustics Q7000i Speaker pair. These should be small enough to wall mount and should deliver that similar family sound (even though it will be slightly different)

joe-turbo

My 2 rear speakers are QAccoustic 2010i which I was thinking of attaching at the top of the rear walls with qaccoustics brackets 2000WB.
would there be any issue with having them at height aiming down?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Yep, those QAs are quite bulky looking on rear wall as the wall bracket pushes them further forward.

97efa8b7-0de6-4bf4-bc1f-41a8c90338e4-jpeg.1230387

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
My 2 rear speakers are QAccoustic 2010i which I was thinking of attaching at the top of the rear walls with qaccoustics brackets 2000WB.
would there be any issue with having them at height aiming down?
I wouldn't have said so, so long as you can create the right degree of angle so the sound fills the rear of the room whilst still keeping the stereo process (for rear surround sound experiences) :smashin:

joe-turbo

If it works well I guess I could get another 2x 2020i (so the speakers are then in the 4 corners of the room) and use the extra up front ones for atmos (5.1.2?)

Aggromemnon

Standard Member
I have some quite old Definitive Technology BP1X bipolars placed almost at ceiling height. I really don't experience any issues with them up there. I have a cat tree about 3 feet below them, so I dare not put them any lower, or my cats will have a little party.

Home Theater is often an exercise in compromises, and this is one I can't avoid. But it doesn't seem to affect my soundstage.

joe-turbo

next question would be in regards to speaker cable.

Its currently all hooked up with "Chord Leyline 2" which I think is now discontinued. I will need an additional cable to run the longer length to my back right speaker.

Closest comparable cable I can find is the Chord Leyline X LS0H. would it really matter if i used a slightly different cable?

would Chord speaker cables generally be seen as a good connection for the Qaccoustics 5.1 (2000 series)

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom