5.1 Gaming Headset?

Jonesy012

Recently I have decided to give my Corsair HS1s to my bro for his birthday as I have decided I would prefer a headset that can plug into my sound card. In short, my desktop will be at Uni next year, and I won't be gaming off my laptop.

Yes, I can plug USB into my desktop but tbh, I never really got a huge impression of directional sound from them.

My focus at the moment is on the Turtle Beach HPa2. They look great, price and otherwise with the only downside being the need to plug it into a power socket. That shouldn't be an issue though, as long as the cable is long enough.

My focus can however change, if people have better ideas. I have looked at a couple more, the Razer Barracuda being my second favourite at the moment.

I think under £150 for them, sound quality is important to me.

Note I will be using them for 35% games, 40% movies and 25% music. In truth I will probably game most often, but I find movie playback will be most important. Mindst, I do not want to sacrifice on gaming performance, and a Mic is necessary.

Thanks for any help!

I'm very happy with the Roccat Kaves right now, sound is pretty decent and they are very comfortable to wear.

The 5.1 sound actually WORKS, which is rare for alot of 5.1 headsets.

Jonesy012

I'm very happy with the Roccat Kaves right now, sound is pretty decent and they are very comfortable to wear.

The 5.1 sound actually WORKS, which is rare for alot of 5.1 headsets.
Had a look, they seem similar to the HPa2 but with worse bass.

Think I have decided which headset, just don't know which sound card now :p

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom