• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

5.1 Front Upgrade £500

monkey7385

Standard Member
I got me first separates home cinema system about 18 months ago after reading this forum, and am now looking to upgrade the front 3 speakers.

I currently have an Onkyo TX-SR 606 with the Tannoy SFX 5.1 speakers. I have been very impressed with the performance over the previous all-in-one systems I have used.

I watch movies on DVD and Blu-ray through a PS3 Slim and bitstream audio (Including HD audio) to the amp through HDMI. I watch a lot of TV series on DVD and sometimes listen to a variety of music on the PS3.
I also have a freeview PVR connected to the amp by optical, I often listed to the radio through this box.

I am looking to upgrade the front 3 speakers. I am looking for decent stereo performance as many of the TV series I watch were only recorded in stereo as are the CDs and TV/radio.

I intend to keep the existing tannoy sfx sub and speakers as rears, and would like to bi-amp the L&R stereo speakers. The room is not suitable for 7.1.

My budget is around £500, but can be flexible for good performance.

Floorstanders would be prefered and will be positioned next to Samsung LE40A656 LCD tv. Do the speakers need to be shielded?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom