5.1 Front speaker placement question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by amh181276, Aug 2, 2012.

1. amh181276

amh181276

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Where I have my TV mounted on the wall the front speaker placements for my 5.1 setup may not allow the speakers to be placed beside the screen, which means they have to be mounted to the top left and right corners of the screen with the center being well centre :blush:. Is this going to be alright for the front L + R speakers to be mounted here or does it effect the overall 5.1 setup?

By placing them above the screen on the top corners it will raise the speakers above ear height by maybe 2 - 3 foot, so would I ideally match the rear L + R speakers at the same height from the floor also?

The speakers are paired with a Yamaha reciever which I will be setting up using the in built YPAO, so will this just sort everything for me and I am worrying about nothing?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is our first 5.1 setup.

Thanks

2. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Hi

That high is not ideal, as you know about ear height is the suggested optimal setting. Rears are usually suggested to be higher than ear level anyway so if they ended up about 2 foot about ears then not a problem.

Is it possible to have them not flush and pointing downwards slightly to offset the height?

3. amh181276

amh181276

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    They are the boston xs se chosen partly due to size and they option to tilt, so thats will work thanks. So mounted above and to the corners and titled down will be alright? I have the option to move them horizontally, should they be aimed in the direction of the hot seat? Or just straight forward? Thanks for your assistance.

4. byngo

byngo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    aim them at the focal point (hot seat)