5.1 for pc ?

Discussion in 'Computer Peripherals & Consumables' started by Partycan, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Partycan

Partycan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all im new hear so ill say hello :hiya: to all and hope everyone's kool :)...

ok hear go's im looking at doing away with my pioneer hifi in the liveingroom as i never use it now and its just sat there doing knowt lol....

i always play mp3's with me pc so im looking at getting some 5.1 speakers that are good and have up to £200 mark to spend on some.....

ive looked at the the altec lancing rang as me mate siad there the best to get, but to me there under powered and not very good looking from what ive seen lol ...also ive checked out the logitechs z5000 and the z5450 and 5400's as the read up's on them are all top dolla on the net from peep's who have got a set....

? can anyone give us some info on what to get for my £200 and if the Logitech's would be a good buy...

cheers for any info

2. Gadgetcity

Gadgetcity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    MP3's only need stereo. A home cinema PC is for movies and needs 5.1.

What do you actually want to use the PC for?

3. Partycan

Partycan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

ive got two crap diamond aurdio's speakers about 8 watts each on me pc and they got to go as im getin rid of the hifi out the room...

as i siad im getin rid of me pioneer hifi out the livingroom because i never use it.....i whant my mp3's music ( songs ) off my computer coming out of 5 and 1 speakers in all corners of the room from my comp.... in me pc have a 5.1 SB sound card....

its me music on the pc i whant not films mate...i play films under my tv with a dvd player...

im into music...? anyone

soz but and i need it to plug in me xbox 360 under tv as well .

cheers

Last edited: Feb 1, 2009
  4. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +931
    moved to speakers section

5. lowlandsmatt

lowlandsmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hello,

Just wanted to say the Logitechs z5500 system is absolutely fantastic. Not that PC/home cinema literate at the moment but I did some research on decent surround sound systems and let me tell you - go for the Logitech!!!DTS/5.1 sound is superb.

I use them mainly for watching DVDs/playing my ipod through attached black cable /listening to CDs through DVD player via optical connection (as only have work laptop at the moment but they have an optical connection and three way connection for your sound card -). Ive lost count of the number of times they have amazed me with the quality of sound. :clap:

One minor drawbacks - a relatively common fault is the fuse going in the back of the subwoofer (which is absolutely massive by the way) - mine did but just went to Maplins, got a replacement (20p or thereabouts) and over a year later - still going strong.

Just to summarise - buy the Logitech zz500 and I promise you will not regret . And no I do not work for Logitech but just feel like giving them some praise because for the money, (£170 ish I paid), they are quality!:thumbsup:

6. Partycan

Partycan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

nice one mate :smashin: cheers for the info sounds good to me ...? do you think i can run me xbox 360 on them by way of optical as well as me pc ...

? also could you tell us how long the speaker wire's are please so i can work out in me livingroom where there going...

cheers again for the info

7. lowlandsmatt

lowlandsmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Cable for Rears 25ft , for Front & Centre 20ft approx. And the subwoofer can basically double as a seat/coffeetable/dining table for a large family plus friends :smashin:

8. Partycan

Partycan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

nice one mate :) like the sound of that....? a the sub carnt be that big can it....lol ill get someone to sit on it..then turn it up full :D

9. Partycan

Partycan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think the sub sounds to big for me liveingroom...

i dont whant some big black box stook in the middle of the room mate...

? how big is the sub then mate.

cheers

10. lowlandsmatt

lowlandsmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Have a look on youtube, there are plenty of videos on there. I think its around 13 inches in height so its not exactly small.

11. Partycan

Partycan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeh been looking on there mate...dont fancy wires all round the room pluss the subs way to big..plus i would like the sub by me tv the othere
    side of the room...dont think the wire from the sub to the pc will go that far..

? do you or anyone no if you can wire up to the pc sound card a 5.1 AMP..say a sony or yamaha amp..

cheers

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  12. craftycarper

craftycarper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    The Z5450's are superb also, and with wireless rear speakers (apart from power leads), no cables to worry about, my PS3 sounds superb through them, so i don't see why your 360 shouldn't.:thumbsup:

13. Partycan

Partycan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeh man im still lookin...

we did look at them but someone siad that the z5450 back speakers make a hissing sound when theres no music on.. as theres power running in them...

pluss dont like the ider or living the speakers pluged into power all the time and lecky going into them...

cheers anyway for the info nice1