1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.1 DVD writing software

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Mike Swannick, May 25, 2003.

1. Mike Swannick

Mike Swannick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there any software out there that will allow me to mix my own 5.1 audio track to accompany my own DVD compilations?

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Yes there are and if I was not a work I would pull out last months copy of Computer Video (June issue I think :confused: ) and give you details.
    If nobody else has posted the details I should be able to get them to you by around 20:00 tonight.
    Be aware that because you have to pay Dolby for their license it does cost a lot of money.

Mark.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Right, home at last (no thanks to the trains :mad: ) and found the reveiw of 5.1 encoders for PC's.
    I think you had better sit down.

Sonic Foundry's Vegas Video 4.0 + DVD ( equivalent to Adobe Premiere on features) US$600 :eek:
    US$280 for AC-3 encoder alone :eek:
    All are electronic downloads from www.sonicfoundry.com
    Overall rating 90%

As I said, not cheap but it is the only 5.1 suite.

Mark

4. Mike Swannick

Mike Swannick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers MarkE19. Vegas Video I have heard of. You say = to Adobe Premiere. Does Premiere have 5.1 capability, or did you mean they were similar with regard to other editing capabilities?

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    Similar to Premiere in editing features and price, but no Premiere does not as yet have a 5.1 solution. There is an AC-3 plug-in for Premiere, but at the moment that is only Dolby Sterio.

Mark.

6. Mike Swannick

Mike Swannick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. Paul O

Paul O

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I think ulead have just released a premium version of DVD Workshop which allows 5.1 sound. I'm not sure though, as I havent read in depth.

Check out their site. They give demos on most products too, so you might be able to try it out. www.ulead.com

Cheers

aaah! Just looked. Heres the blurb for you, if its any good

DVD Workshop AC-3
    Ulead® DVD Workshop AC-3 allows users to import 5.1 Surround Sound and to create Stereo AC-3 files within DVD Workshop. When burning, include Ulead AutoPlay™, an autorun DVD playback software you can burn with your project to ensure PC playback of your DVD and Video CD discs. See More Info

8. Mike Swannick

Mike Swannick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. Party Animal

Party Animal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You might want to give Vegas Video a go.. this software is the Bizz Motion menus..animated thumb nails

plus its pretty easy to get the hang of, the actual dvd authoring program..... is a seperate program called DVD Architect, its made by a company called Sonic Foundry who have just been bought up by Sony

so I would imagine that in the not too distant future -- Sony Products will be bundled with it