Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

5.1 DVD Recording - when?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by djg, Jun 14, 2005.

1. djg

djg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After the misfire of the Philips deck which was supposed to have been released last month, does anyone have any news of a DVDR with 5.1 stream recording capability?

cheers.

2. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    It's not news, but the HDD version of the misfired Philips deck is allegedly to be released in Sept/Oct.

3. Alpha Whisky

Alpha Whisky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Though, since Philips have apparently failed to deliver this technology several times over the last eighteen months, I wouldn't expect anyone to hold their breath.

The fact that no manufacturer has come up with this, even though it's not exactly rocket science, suggests to me that the vested interests in the "entertainment industry" are leaning on the hardware manufacturers to stop us, their customers, from archiving dolby digital broadcasts.

4. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Indeed, and the general advice would be to continue to exhale freely.

Personally, where Philips are concerned, I believe in the cock-up theory rather than the conspiracy theory.

5. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds more like "HOLLYWOOD Conspiracy", after all, why would I want a DVD recorder with 5.1 with hdmi inputs, its not as if I would want to copy anything :cool: