• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

5.1 Cinema System - HELP!!!

Superman1175

Standard Member
Hi I have just bought a Samsung 46" 1080p LCD. The sound is pretty poor, but overall I'm pretty happy! Need some assistance in buying a Home Cinema System, budget sub £400 preferably 4 tall speakers. Can anyone help me or suggest a decent system for the price?

Thank You!! :clap:

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Hi I have just bought a Samsung 46" 1080p LCD. The sound is pretty poor, but overall I'm pretty happy! Need some assistance in buying a Home Cinema System, budget sub £400 preferably 4 tall speakers. Can anyone help me or suggest a decent system for the price?

Thank You!! :clap:

This is a great little system and allows you to choose your own DVD source - built in ones are usually quite limited, this way you could add a DVD now, then upgrade to Blu Ray later... you may already have Blu Ray.

Upscaling to 1080p is a nice feature at the price!

Sony HTSF-1300 - 5.1 ch - Home Cinema Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the info guys!!!

Can you let me know your thoughts on this please -

Buy PANASONIC SC-PT860EB-K | 5.1 dvd home cinema system with direct ipod dock - DVD Recorders and Home Cinema | Comet

How does this system compare to others at this price in the market?

Also, I have a PS3 and don't really need the DVD player, can you recommend anything ie Amp and speaker set?

I want to look at the 2 options.

Cheers

It's likely to be good i have no direct experience of it, but as you say you don't need the DVD player so immediately you have functionality that isn't required... the Sony system offers a lot more, HDMI switching and upscaling etc... it's a much better buy for less money.

Oh and Comet are usually very expensive ;)

Panasonic SC-PT860 - 5.1 ch - Tallboy - DVD Home Cinema: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

Superman1175

Standard Member
This is a great little system and allows you to choose your own DVD source - built in ones are usually quite limited, this way you could add a DVD now, then upgrade to Blu Ray later... you may already have Blu Ray.

Upscaling to 1080p is a nice feature at the price!

Sony HTSF-1300 - 5.1 ch - Home Cinema Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

This is a fab system, just one more question, is it a dvd player and can I choose my source I.e ps3, sky, etc etc? :rolleyes:

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
This is a fab system, just one more question, is it a dvd player and can I choose my source I.e ps3, sky, etc etc? :rolleyes:

It's not a DVD player - seen as you already have a PS3 i thought there was little point in speccing one when your PS3 will do a great job.

As for input choice, i'm not entirely sure what you mean - you can have many inputs yes so Sky and PS3 both connect in to it, and when switching the inputs between each it will change the audio and video accordingly, you also only need the one HDMI lead to the TV as it has passthrough for you.

It's a great unit.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom