1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5.1 Audio via Audigy...

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Digger, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    Hi...

Need some help from those in the know. What are the options for routing 5,6,7.1 audio from the ports on the Audigy series of cards through to my Pioneer AX5i AV Receiver. Can the optical and/or coaxial Outs on the breakout panel be assigned to route the required signal.
    I am about to decide whether to build my own PC from DABS-sourced components or to buy from Evesham as it should work right out of the box and just wanted to know which soundcard to order... it could be that onboard sound might be adequate...oh yes and i have HL2 lined up for some serious action later...

cheers
    Dave

2. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    well my audigy only has spdif out for digital audio, although it's not a normal sized spdif cable, it's a headphone sized socked (3mm?) or three analog out (front/rear/sub&centre), again 3mm. Was never really much good for connecting to an amp, it's definitely built to be connected to the creative speakers which coincidentally come with the exact same connectors..

3. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    you could get a nvidia nforce 3 or 4 soundstorm motherboard which has a proper spdif connection, and equal or better sound than you'll get from an audigy.