5.1.4 setup with Monoprice speakers

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these speakers any good?

Left / Right with upfiring speaker:

Surrounds with upfiring speaker:

Some bedtime reading:

Including some commentary that they are built in the same way as XTZ and Arendal....

We have just started offering their Subs and are hoping to offer these too soon.

AVF Member Jase is the one who needs to pop up and answer here as he imported a set from the US and rates them as very good VFM.

Let`s put few bumps. As mentioned @Jase has them and @was1m swapped Monitor Audio Apex system to those aswell! Pricing looks very competitive to Arendal/MK/XTZ offerings.

We have just started offering their Subs and are hoping to offer these too soon.

AVF Member Jase is the one who needs to pop up and answer here as he imported a set from the US and rates them as very good VFM.

Yup, although I bought them from the Monoprice UK site rather than imported from the USA.

They're not just very good value, they're outstanding. Their performance is way above their pricepoint.

Are these speakers any good?

Left / Right with upfiring speaker:

Surrounds with upfiring speaker:

I have a pair of the THX 365T's along with the matching THX365 Centre and I'm extremely impressed with them. At some point I'll do a mini write up and post in the other thread.

The THX certified LR tower and rears works out to £750 delivered using code MP15 which I think is a good price but I am not sure how these speakers sound. Is the Atmos effective like seen in high end soundbars with upfiring speakers?

I have a pair of the THX 365T's along with the matching THX365 Centre and I'm extremely impressed with them. At some point I'll do a mini write up and post in the other thread.

What have you had in the past if you don’t mind me asking please and which amp do you have please? They look outstanding value - may grab them whilst they’re priced inEuros with the discount code.

We are working on similar bundles at the moment. Under £3k of 5.1.4 using their Monolith 15" Sub is is our target bargin.

Just be caucious, they is only ONE 365T in stock EU Stock.

Last edited:
What have you had in the past if you don’t mind me asking please and which amp do you have please? They look outstanding value - may grab them whilst they’re priced inEuros with the discount code.

I've had various M&K's (including S150's) on and off for the last 17 years or so along with Kef THX and Genelecs. I'm still using M&K's on the other channels.

I use a Marantz SR7012 as a processor with a JBL Synthesis SDA-7200 for the base layer and a Rotel RMB-1565 for the heights.

These are worth a look if you want to save a few quid:-

Sounds good. I was looking at the JBL too. Is it warmish sounding for a Class D? Class D makes me nervous after a bad experience with an overly bright Rotel 1575

Sounds good. I was looking at the JBL too. Is it warmish sounding for a Class D? Class D makes me nervous after a bad experience with an overly bright Rotel 1575

I also had an RMB-1575. I wouldn't say the JBL is warm sounding but it's not as bright/edgy as the Rotels.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom