Quantcast

5.1.4 Atmos ceiling speaker set up question...

Kevin Mitchell

Novice Member
I'm looking to upgrade our lounge to include ceiling speakers.

Initially I had decided on 5.1.2 but am seeing a lot of love for 4 ceiling speakers...

Because of a coombed ceiling I can only get one set of ceiling speakers to directly above the MLP.

Because of that, should I forget about 5.1.4 and just have 5.1.2?

Attachments

gibbsy

Your room and current positioning of TV and seating will not accommodate 5.1.4, stick to 5.1.2.

Kevin Mitchell

Novice Member
Your room and current positioning of TV and seating will not accommodate 5.1.4, stick to 5.1.2.
Brilliant, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. It will save me a lot of research time.

Do you think I'll notice a difference between 8" and 6.5" ceiling speakers Gibbsy? I am thinking of postioning them just in front of that row of downlinghts

gibbsy

If your intention is to upgrade the base speakers in the future then go for the bigger speakers, it's not a job you want to do twice. Decide on your main seating and place the speakers in the ceiling roughly above where your knees will be when seated.

Kevin Mitchell

Novice Member
Spot on Gibbsy, you'll do for me mate :thumbsup: I'll go for the KEF Ci160QR's

Should I be centring the measurments for the ceiling speakers on the centre channel? i.e. width wise.

gibbsy

Spot on Gibbsy, you'll do for me mate :thumbsup: I'll go for the KEF Ci160QR's

Should I be centring the measurments for the ceiling speakers on the centre channel? i.e. width wise.
The perfect position would be in line with the front left and right which as we know is not going to be the best. The central position should be taken, maybe with eight feet between them.

Top Bottom