5.01 blobs and downgrading back to 4.3x

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by klnc, Dec 28, 2011.

Tags:
  1. klnc

klnc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I'm on 4.33 and have blobs backed up back from 4.21 to 4.35. Recently I noticed that Cydia had also backed up my 5.01 blobs, but does this allow me to update to o/s 5.01 even if Apple release an updated firmware to patch the recent unteathered redsn0w and stop signing 5.01? I'm away from my home pc at the moment, so don't want to run the risk of updating without being able to do a full restore if required, and also keen to see any teething issues with redsn0w ironed out first.

Also, I remember reading at the time, that because of a change in the way that Apple was signing its firmware going forward from 5.0, it would be impossible to downgrade back, to say 4.33 - is that still the case?

2. chukwe

chukwe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +461
    I don't think anyone knows if Cydia actually saved the SHSH for iOS 5.0.1 because it's the latest Firmware.

If you decide to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1, you can test it by updating your host file and use it to upgrade to iOS 5.0.1 and see if the Saurik server will verify your SHSH for iOS 5.0.1.

Please can you report back to us if you decide to do it? Thanks