5.0 Kef System needs a sub

The_GF

Standard Member
Hi all, ive currently got a 5.0 setup which is crying out for a sub but im not too sure what would match my current system best? Im looking to spend a reasonable amount of money on the sub but as i live in a semi it cant be too powerful :(

Amp: Sherwood 8108R
Front: KEF Q55
Centre: Kef Model 90 Reference Series
Rear: Kef 70S

Thanks

Matt

The_GF

Standard Member
Cheers, been a member for a while but first time ive posted. Dont have a budget set in stone, probably looking at least 300+ but dont think i want to spend more than 500 ish but it mainly depends on what sort of performance i can get for the £££

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Easy then :smashin:

SVS PB10 or BK Monolith if you don't mind a big box.
Both around £400.
Both almost identical performance-wise and biggest quality bang for the buck, by a mile :thumbsup:

Smaller is the SVS SB12+, not quite as good, but much smaller and around £500.

Cheaper is the BK XLS200 at £290, but not a patch on the others.

Loads of info to be found on all these subs if you do a search on this forum :smashin:

kick ass sub

Standard Member
I agree that the PB10 is a fantastic sub coming from being an owner for more then a year now.

The SB12+ is said to have the edge with clean and controled bass over the PB10 and is smaller as Badger pointed out but you'll miss a copple of crucial frequencies at the bottom end. So it depends on what you need.

The BK XLS200 is also said to be a fantastic sub. small but load. Still I don't think it's no match for the SB12+.

The_GF

Standard Member
Thanks for the advice, size / looks isnt an issue im just looking for performance. How does the SVS 25-31 PCi Cylinder Subwoofer compare to the above?

Matt

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
The PCI will be better again, going deeper, with less distortion, but obviously costs more.

Consider waiting for the PC13 ultra which should be out in the autumn, I believe, if you can run to £850ish.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom