4x1 hdmi switch with/out splitting atmos signal?

Jonnywishbone

Cinema Set up...

4x input devices (xbox series x/nintendo switch/sky mini/PC)
/
Matrix (LOOKING FOR RECOMENDATIONS)
/
Projector Benq TK700sti
/
Sonos Arc/sub/rears etc (via hdmi 2 earc)

Question 1. I'm looking for a switch so I can use up to 4 input devices (as above). Do I need a switch that is Atmos capable in order to benefit from it and if so which one comes recommended/equally which ones to avoid?

Question 2. Would it be better/easier to split the audio instead of using the HDMI2 Earc on the PJ?

Question 3. I can get Dolby Atmos working with the PJ's built in QS01 media streamer but cannot get the xbox series x to output atmos (there is no option to select bitstream anymore) - it's just silent. DTS works but when I select Atmos (getting all the green ticks etc) = nothing. I know the cables are sufficient so must be an xbox setting?

I'd be delighted for a super simple, child and wife CEC capable solution - thanks :)

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Your SONOS ARC lacks a conventional HDMI Input so only works if you have an ARC or eARC enabled device connected to it - which rules out the majority of HDMI Switch, Splitter and Matrix devices.

Adding a 4K UHD, HDR, Atmos enabled Switch to one Input on the Projector is an option.

If you cannot get the Xbox to pass the required audio via the Projector you can add an HDFury Arcana to the system and connect the Xbox to the Arcana HDMI Input.

You can also add the 4K UHD, HDR, Atmos enabled Switch ahead of the Arcana and run all of your Source devices via the Arcana.

Joe

scawa

Novice Member
Your SONOS ARC lacks a conventional HDMI Input so only works if you have an ARC or eARC enabled device connected to it - which rules out the majority of HDMI Switch, Splitter and Matrix devices.

Adding a 4K UHD, HDR, Atmos enabled Switch to one Input on the Projector is an option.

If you cannot get the Xbox to pass the required audio via the Projector you can add an HDFury Arcana to the system and connect the Xbox to the Arcana HDMI Input.

You can also add the 4K UHD, HDR, Atmos enabled Switch ahead of the Arcana and run all of your Source devices via the Arcana.

Joe
hello
I have the arcana hd fury since yesterday :clap: I have a problem to connect all my devices . I have a Sonos ARC, a samsung TV ( with one connect Arc but not Earc) , TVhield pro , and my TV decoder everthying it's ok but I would like to connect my video projector too. I connect Arcana earc to sonos Earc, Hdmi out too my one connect Arc samsung the HDMI IN on my tv decoder. I connect my Shieldtv to my hub one connect. Can you help me please

I would like to use the 1X2 splitter in my edit . The HDMI OUT of arcana is connect to my hub samsung ARC and a cable connect the TV with a one special cable ) not a HDMI !

I specify that I would like to connect my video projector without having to unplug my tv or my nvdiashield

Thank you

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
You would need to add the HDFury Vertex2 to your system or replace the Arcana with the Vertex3 (VRRoom) to retain audio from the TV plus video out to the TV and Projector.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom