1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4th vs 6th gen Panasonic

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by crobo, Mar 10, 2004.

1. crobo

crobo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +115
    Hi all, can anyone help with this?

I have a 2 year old Toshiba 42wp16 which is a rebadged Panasonic (pretty sure the Pw4). It's linked to a Sky box and Toshiba XS30 DVD recorder. Very pleased so far.

Now looking to get another screen for 2nd tv/computer screen/ PC games (MOH, Quake 3 etc) and was considering the Philips 30PF9975 LCD; seems good in all respects. But for another 600-700 I could get the Panasonic PW6 for the main room and use the Toshiba as monster PC monitor. 2 queries though:

1. How good is the Tosh/4th gen Panny for computers/ PC games? The LCD has higher resolution (1280 x 768 vs 852 x 480) ? does this make a real difference?

2. Is there a noticeable difference between the 4th and 6th gen Panasonics? Anyone seen them side by side (unlikely) or had both?

Appreciate any comments
    Colin

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cant answer you question about the lcd`s . but i do have the same plasma as you and have seen a few 6 series and a few 5 series.

and i would put mine up in the pepsi challange against both. my friend has a 6 series and much the same setup, i`m bias but i think mine is better picture quality on component through dvd and with sky tv.

he did have a 5 series and personally i thought that was a back wards step from the 4 series. to much flicker .

hope this helps