4od app keeps crashing after adverts. HELP!!

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by lwhitney, Nov 26, 2017.

1. lwhitney

lwhitney
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

We have an LG smart tv which we’ve had for just shy of a year. For a couple of months now, we’ve experienced the 4od app keep crashing after the adverts on the first break when watching catch up. Sometimes, if you go back to the episode browse menu and click back in to watch the episode it will start from the start and you can simply fast forward (pain in the arse). But majority of the time it’s crashed and you can’t watch anything after the first break.

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this issue? If so, have you found a solution. Because it’s really doing our heads in now .

Thanks!

2. SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +567
    Earlier today I watched 'Guy Martin's WW1 Tank' using the app... It worked fine.

3. marcd5123

marcd5123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +233
    Hi I Whitney. .Snap I get that but with ITV hub when watching Celebratey Juice after the add it crashes so I end up having to find the programme again but thankfully with ITV hub their is a resume button so can pick up from where it crashes [emoji41]

4. Fuzzmundo

Fuzzmundo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    I have this same problem on my Samsung tv. Really annoying especially as I don't know the cause

5. SeeMoreDigital

SeeMoreDigital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +567
    How do you guys have your TV's connected to the internet. Is it via a 'wired' or 'wireless' (WiFi) ethernet connection?

If some of you haven't done-so already it's good practice to re-boot your router (and ethernet switches) every now and again, as it often helps resolve de-synchronising (data packet) errors, clears RAM build-up errors and even static build-up, which can cause 'switching' errors!

The standard practice is to disconnect the devices power for 30 to 60 seconds before reconnecting.

Cheers