Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

4KUS DVR-230 - Media Issues.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wildey, Mar 17, 2005.

1. wildey

wildey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

I'm new to this, hoping to pick up speed quickly with some gentle advice.

I have got a DVD burner in my PC, which I have used for a year or so now to produce DVD's that I can watch on PC and laptop. However I have had SKY + for a month and decided that I needed a DVD burner "under the telly" to be able to archive off my programmes. So I bought the 4KUS 230 from Asda, as it seemed to be able to do all I needed.

So far I am struggling with media, it doesn't play back my existing DVD -r's like it claims to. Would I be better sticking to +R's as this is what it burns in.

Anyhow, my major problem is that I did my first "backup" this evening onto a + RW disc and tested it back onto the machine just fine. In fact I was delighted that I had got all my lads Thomas the Tank engine off my SKY + disc and onto DVD. However when I play it on my PC it plays at what seems like twice speed, thats right - fine on TV, not so on desktop PC.

Has anyone got any ideas what this might be ? Also, please advise the best way for me to take a DVD +RW or +R and copy it to -R so I can play it on my laptop?

I know it's a lot of questions, but I'm losing the plot here a little.....

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    The reports on "Videohelp" say this recorder doesn't read -R/-RW, so there is the answer to your first question. Does it say in the manual that it reads -R?
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDnameid=4910&Search=Search&

This playing on your PC in double-speed is strange. If your drive wasn't + compatible, it wouldn't play it at all. You could reauthor on your PC (using whatever software you use) and create a DVD-R... but if the PC drive has trouble reading the + disc you may still get problems.

You could also try different media - some brands burn more reliably than others. Also it is worth noting that +RW discs are not as compatible at +R discs.

Mark