4K vs 1080P

DonS

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to start this thread as many people are thinking about it.

There seems to be is a general lack of content for 4K unless one shoots their own digital content.
Netflix and other providers originally promised to support 4K but then backed away. TV Broadcasting
is going to 4K next year (2017) in Japan, and I think US will follow.

It seems to me that 4K with various versions of HDR is being pushed on us by Japan TV vendors such as Sony and Panasonic as their TV divisions have not made any profit in last 8 years.

The best 4K Tvs (Oled and HDR) seem way overpriced.

Many prominent film directors such as Martin Scorsese have vowed not to shoot in 4K digital. The latest reports I've seen point to only 6K and 8K television being the equal of 35mm Film - all
aspects considered.

Thanks,
Don

netflix and amazon and utube have 4k content, and also ultra hd bluray is here, and also bt have bt ultra, and im sure others will follow suit. Its here to stay.

netflix and amazon and utube have 4k content, and also ultra hd bluray is here, and also bt have bt ultra, and im sure others will follow suit. Its here to stay.

You could have said exactly that about 3d at one time, but 3d is dead now.
Currently , the biggest selling TV type is 1080p smart...when its UHD, then you could call it, not before, believe it or not, UHD is not doing as well as hoped.

You could have said exactly that about 3d at one time, but 3d is dead now.
Currently , the biggest selling TV type is 1080p smart...when its UHD, then you could call it, not before, believe it or not, UHD is not doing as well as hoped.
Tvs with 3d still being made.

Tvs with 3d still being made.
Most manufacturers are dropping the feature or have plans to drop it.

At one time there were 3d stations etc., all gone now from lack of interest. A few liked and used it but not enough to make them financially viable.

The will be no UHD 3D...and unless the takeup of UHD does considerably better than its doing right now, it will go the same way.

Most manufacturers are dropping the feature or have plans to drop it.

At one time there were 3d stations etc., all gone now from lack of interest. A few liked and used it but not enough to make them financially viable.

The will be no UHD 3D...and unless the takeup of UHD does considerably better than its doing right now, it will go the same way.
to be fare more thing like sky would have been better with quality 1080p.

ESPN were the big ones, once they dropped it pretty much everyone else followed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom