4k used amp recommendation

chrisaustralia

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I have a Sony str DHW 820 bought 2010.
Tannoy surround sound.
Just upgrading tv ( lg oled 77 cx6la),will also be getting a 4 k DVD player as mine is not 4 k(also 2010)has worked perfectly,will be a shame to throw away.
so iam after a used 4 k amp,no point buying a new one again,any recommendations please,mainly movies,4k Netflix streaming,some PlayStation gaming.
Have direct cable to internet ready.
Regards
Chris

Welcome to the Forum

No need to throw away your old amp. It's not an Atmos capable amp and you could therefore use the TV as your HDMI hub with all your 4K inputs going direct to the TV. Connect the TV either by HDMI ARC or digital optical to the Sony. You will get the same SD audio, Netflix is SD Dolby 5.1, back to the Sony.

Leave the current DVD player connected to the Sony but let the TV do the upscaling. You can then take your time and find a 4K AV amp that will fit your budget. At the moment it's not a good time to buy, even second hand.

Welcome to the Forum

No need to throw away your old amp. It's not an Atmos capable amp and you could therefore use the TV as your HDMI hub with all your 4K inputs going direct to the TV. Connect the TV either by HDMI ARC or digital optical to the Sony. You will get the same SD audio, Netflix is SD Dolby 5.1, back to the Sony.

Leave the current DVD player connected to the Sony but let the TV do the upscaling. You can then take your time and find a 4K AV amp that will fit your budget. At the moment it's not a good time to buy, even second hand.
Second hand prices are quite ridiculous at the moment. I recently sold an 7 year old Yamaha A2040 for £500 and I only paid £800 for it on an open box deal.

Hi
Thankyou for that.
Any recommendations on what to keep a eye out for in the future ?😊
Regards
Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom