• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

4K/UHD Samsung Screen Res

MontyJ

Novice Member
Hola!

My Samsung plasma TV finally developed enough black horiz lines to make it unwatchable, so picked up a Samsung UN60JU6500.

The pic is great, but I am puzzled by the screen resolution when I hit the INFO button. No matter what I am streaming, it always shows 1920x1080 /60i.

I have seen remarks that say it should show the full res of the panel if the signal was 4K, or even if it was upscaling.

Am I really watching 4K? It is Netflix and Amazon 4K streams and I do have a 50Mbps connection, so as far as I can tell, it 'should be' 4K. Is the INFO button useless or am I not really watching 4K?

Thanks!

Monty

Hixs

Distinguished Member
It should show the res of the source material.

MontyJ

Novice Member
You would think, right :)

Yesterday I was online with a Netflix agent for this same issue. He said he was watching my stream of a 4K video and it was being streamed in "4K". Yet that INFO was showing something less.

I have support ticket open with Samsung to get the 'official' word, but no response yet.

Anyone seeing the 3840 x 2160 when viewing Netflix 4K?

dannyjbee

Standard Member
It depends on your internet speed my tv js9500 is 4k and here in aust our speed is woeful I'am lucky to see 1080p on the display res,yes you are streaming 4k from Netflix but doesn't mean your tv is receiving it as such nothing wrong with your tv.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Why bother streaming 4k if you have crap internet?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom