• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

alaneq

Novice Member
TV I was looking at: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Refurbis...art-HDTV-4K-x-2K-55UH6090/54772323#about-item

I need to keep it under $500. I don't really understand TVs, and I have heard so many different things to look out for. Some people tell me the refresh rate is what matters, others say its something called "True UHD". I found a seemingly good TV on Walmart's website, but on different forums, people are saying the 120hz is really 60hz, and that the UHD never works on it. Are there any other TVs that have a better refresh rate and true UHD in that price range? Or is this TV actually good, and the people online are wrong? Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Dodgexander

At a small budget and in the north american market I would say its better to stick to a FHD tv at that price and size. The TCL 55FS3750 seems to be a better option to me.

By going with an UHD TV like the one you linked you are getting less contrast so worse PQ. I would only look at that LG if I needed to view from a wide angle.

Dodgexander

You may want to reconsider: UHD vs FHD

If you really want UHD then I would say it's worth saving a little extra and trying to find a Vizio m55.

It may be more expensive but I saw you can get an open box at best buy for 620.

It will be miles better than anything else, there's a significant jump in quality between a tv like that vizio for not much extra so its definitely worth the extra.

Btw that LG you are looking at is nothing short of terrible. There are also no good UHD tv's at that price point.

Brands also mean very little now with failure rates within less than 1% of each other. Besides LG is not considered a good brand by most.

The other option is waiting for a deal come black Friday, right now all the 2017 models are overpriced and all 2016 models which would have been within your price range a few months ago have gone up in price due to being discontinued.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom