Question 4K TV for Gaming & Sky Q

bwfc0907

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to spend £800/900 max on a 55".

Quite like the look of the UE55MU6400 but can't find much on HDR or input lag. Any help appreciated.

What about the UE55KS7500? It's curved though

Last edited:
Mu6400 is EU version of MU6300 which is recommended for Xbox one S, they in fact changed recommendation to MU6300 from KS8000
Best 4K HDR TV for Xbox One S

What is the current equivalent of the KS7500

Is a 65UEKS7500 worth £1150 with it being a 2016 model?

Mu6400 is EU version of MU6300 which is recommended for Xbox one S, they in fact changed recommendation to MU6300 from KS8000
Best 4K HDR TV for Xbox One S
No no no please that website is terrible. The MU series Samsungs are budget tv's. They do not get bright enough nor have good enough local dimming for HDR!! The only sensible reason I can think they removed the KS8000 as its a 2016 model and is not easy to find anymore.

The US MU7000 is the MU6400 here btw, its support for HDR is limited to having better colour. Compared to the KS series it doesn't meet UHD premium specs and doesn't have any local dimming or able to get as bright as the KS series.

For most models its too late to get a good buy now. 2017 models are out and are very overpriced (like the Samsung MU series) whilst the 2016 models are selling out but offer much much better bang for buck,

No no no please that website is terrible. The MU series Samsungs are budget tv's. They do not get bright enough nor have good enough local dimming for HDR!! The only sensible reason I can think they removed the KS8000 as its a 2016 model and is not easy to find anymore.

The US MU7000 is the MU6400 here btw, its support for HDR is limited to having better colour. Compared to the KS series it doesn't meet UHD premium specs and doesn't have any local dimming or able to get as bright as the KS series.

For most models its too late to get a good buy now. 2017 models are out and are very overpriced (like the Samsung MU series) whilst the 2016 models are selling out but offer much much better bang for buck,

Thanks for the update, glad I believed my eyes and instead went for UE55KS9000 from currys, it is ex display the screen is pristine though and there's no edge back-light issue unless you look very close and at downward angle, just trying to set it up

Missed out on the 65ks8000, so looking at the new range. Can't figure which is the replacement model and weather any are any good?

Missed out on the 65ks8000, so looking at the new range. Can't figure which is the replacement model and weather any are any good?
Thats because there isn't really a replacement. The the MUxxxx series are budget models vs the KS series of last year and the new new Q series are Samsungs new high range, but are priced a lot more higher than the KS series were when they were released.

The nearest TV to the KS8000 would probably be the Sony XE90 now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom