Question 4k TV died of death - No Power! Solutions?

BrigadeerBix

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wondered if anyone has owned a Thomson 4k model:65UA6606 4k UHD screen that has suddenly switched itself off and unable to switch back on? Tried with two different power cables, but no joy, any help or ideas are much appreciated.

If it's the power board, are they easily available and for how much?
Or would it possibly be a fuse in the TV unit itself?

Just strange to have it suddenly stop working, when it still not a year old since purchase!

Maybe it's the brand related shelf life? Though i can't find anything else online with the same problem. Having said that no one appears to have this TV unit.
Just really disappointing that it only lasted 11 months, maybe they know this so you have to buy another!

If you're located in the UK contact the retailer you bought it from as it will still be under warranty...in fact I believe the minimum period of warranty for just about most countries is 12 months. In EU countries 2 years.
Do not attempt to repair it yourself.

I actually bought the TV in France at Darty.com, but they need an Invoice number which I do not have / still trying to find. One of those moments where you don't expect a new 4k TV to suddenly go wrong less than a year after ownership but infact goes Kaput on you and you have no record of purchase to hand! NOTE2SELF - always keep receipts! Think I'm just going to have to lump it and either get over the most likely hUGE repair fee / buy a new TV, or just ditch the screen rather than letting it sit there collecting dust with no picture. Still worse things are happening in the world, rather than worry about a brand new 4k TV imploding on itself, don't bother having a TV unit at all is probably best!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom