4K streaming through Xfinity 4K box versus through smart TV

vlawde

Novice Member
I mostly stream 4k through my Xfinity box for Netflix, HBO Max, Prime etc. I have a Samsung 4k smart TV which also has these apps. Is the video quality going to be better streaming through my TV, through the Xfinity box, or no difference?

It may just be be my perception, but the video on the TV apps seems to look better to me. Wondering if there's compression through Xfinity even on streaming apps versus regular TV channels?

Also, Discovery+ seems to have an audio issue on my TV app (not available yet through cable box). The voices sound distorted, and I'm not sure the audio is even 5.1. Anyone else notice this? Not a problem with other apps. Everything from the cable box runs through my Pioneer 4k receiver, but I use ARC from the TV to receiver when watching apps on the TV itself.

JSWolf

Do you realize that this is a UK forum? XFinity is not available in the UK. So you won't bet getting any help woth your XFinity box.

vlawde

Novice Member
Do you realize that this is a UK forum? XFinity is not available in the UK. So you won't bet getting any help woth your XFinity box.
No worries on that. I found what I needed to know. But I'm sure many see this as an inclusive site with members from around the world. I didn't see a filter stopping non UK members from joining!😃😄

JSWolf

No worries on that. I found what I needed to know. But I'm sure many see this as an inclusive site with members from around the world. I didn't see a filter stopping non UK members from joining!😃😄
There is no stopping of non-UK members. But you have to remember that when you ask a question, don't make it something that cannot be answered by UK members.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom