Jondels

Hi,

First of all my setup:

NAS: DS218+ , latest DSM, DS Video Server

TV: Samsung Q90R, Tizen, DS Video App, Plex App

Multimedia Streamer: Apple TV 4K, DS Video App, Plex App

AVR: Denon X3500H

Question:

I want to play 4K video from my NAS and I found out that my TV DS Video App performs the best with this task.

It plays various formats without any stuttering and flickering.

For some kind of a reason ATV4K has problems with the 4K HDR and frame rate when playing 4K video through AVR. Something to do with not being able to match the frame rate. I have enabled the dynamic area and frame rate match from ATV but still I can see a short stop in the playback.

I would like to use my ATV for playing the 4K video but Q90R performs better.

So, Is there a way to change my settings so I could watch 4K video from my ATV?

Secondly, how can I change the size of subtitles when using DS Video. DS Video App on my TV has only Medium and Large options and they are huge. Can I change them to smaller size?

TIA

daveb975

I use Infuse to stream from my ATV 4K and have no problems with 4K and HDR, certainly with the latest version. It is a paid app, but might be worth trying the one month licence to see if it sorts out the problem?

Jondels

Well damn. I tried the one month license and it plays perfect 4K HDR without any Frame Rate Match or Dynamic Range options. Thanks a lot! 12€ in a year is nothing for a perfect playback.

daveb975

Well damn. I tried the one month license and it plays perfect 4K HDR without any Frame Rate Match or Dynamic Range options. Thanks a lot! 12€ in a year is nothing for a perfect playback.
I’m glad it worked out.

I’ve been using it for a while, I like the interface as it is so similar to using Apple’s-own apps on the ATV.

The important thing is to keep it up to date. I had problems a few months ago and it was all sorted out by updating.

The annual licence seems the best choice. I got a bit stung when I bought the lifetime licence for Infuse 5, but has to pay again to move to Infuse 6!

£9/€12 is a great deal as you say.

Top Bottom