4K splitter to use with Fire TV and Arcam AV888?

crobo

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I will upgrade to a 4K projector this year but a problem is that my AV888 doesn't do 4K video passthrough. This doesn't matter for blu-rays because most 4K players have 2 HDMI outputs, but I use an Amazon Fire TV stick for Netflix and Prime so how to send the audio to the AV88 and the 4K/ UHD video to the projector? Can anyone recommend a splitter that will do the job since the Fire TV stick only has one HDMI output?
Cheers, Colin

A 4K splitter won't work in your case, as it will simply force the signal from the source to the lowest common denominator supported by the sinks. Instead you need an audio signal extractor, such as the HDFury Integral2.

If your BDP has an HDMI 2.0 input (like my Oppo), you can feed the signal from your Firestick into the BDP, and use its native dual HDMI 2.0 + 1.4 output feature to feed the TV and AV888.

Alternatively, since you don't get HD audio broadcast from Netflix or Prime, you can connect the Fire stick to the TV and use the ARC facility to feed the AV888.

Thanks chaps that's marvellous. I was even wondering whether it could be done and whether I'd have to replace the AV888. Which I don't want to do.
Joe it's good to see you on here - I bought a plasma from you years ago if you recall.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom