4k projector at home with gaming?

spencer_uk

Hi - I currently have a 1080p panasonic ae5000 projector that is a bit long in the tooth - it has served me well and probably could continue doing for another year or so... However now that there is a fair amount of 4k content around and that I am an owner of a PS5 I am half tempted to upgrade to a 4K HDR projector. Any recommendations in the sub 4k range? I would want it to be fairly low latency but I am not sure if 4K and low latency are a common mix these days. Primary purpose will be movies for sure - but the PS5 will get a fair run out.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
S

spencer_uk

thanks - I guess the epson is e-shift whereas the sony is native? I might have to give both a whirl.

alebonau

thanks - I guess the epson is e-shift whereas the sony is native? I might have to give both a whirl.
thread here might be useful,
https://www.avforums.com/threads/sony-270es-vs-epson-9400-worth-the-extra-£1-500.2361277/

spencer_uk

alebonau

@spencer_uk not been mentioned but there are specifically gaming aimed projectors ...

eg the BenQ TK700STi 4K HDR Gaming Projector

World’s First 4K HDR Gaming Projector 4K @ 60Hz 16ms | TK700STi​

• Game with 16ms Lowest Input Lag Ever Paired with 4K Resolution
  • High Brightness 3000lm, 96% Rec.709, HDR Game Compatibility
  • Short Throw Projector and Rotate Adjustment Deliver 120” 4K Image

spencer_uk

thanks for posting this (sorry not logged in for a while to thank you). It is a bit of a toss up at the moment. I like the idea of a cheap gaming PJ like the benq - but not sure if I want to compromise on movies. DILEMNA!

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom