4K player recommendations with 3D

iandb0812

Standard Member
Hi all

Following the death of my blu-ray player am now looking to jump into the market for a another player and Mrs has said she wants 3D, as this is why we got out tv as it could and now want to use.

4K Upscaling
3D
Multii-region or hackable

Was looking at oppo 203 a while back but not a realistic option at the moment, so something more price friendly for new or an older model from ebay etc.

Thanks

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
Hi all

Following the death of my blu-ray player am now looking to jump into the market for a another player and Mrs has said she wants 3D, as this is why we got out tv as it could and now want to use.

4K Upscaling
3D
Multii-region or hackable

Was looking at oppo 203 a while back but not a realistic option at the moment, so something more price friendly for new or an older model from ebay etc.

Thanks
Budget?

iandb0812

Standard Member
Probably at moment around £300 - £350 and also potential to hack BR for multiregion, or though not criticial, long since I was buying region 1 dvd's and now usually off the shelf

Have seen a Sony UBP-X700 on gumtree local for £110

TV is Sony KD-55XD9305
Amp is Onkyo TX-SR343

Last edited:

goingoingong

Distinguished Member
Probably at moment around £300 - £350 and also potential to hack BR for multiregion, or though not criticial, long since I was buying region 1 dvd's and now usually off the shelf

Have seen a Sony UBP-X700 on gumtree local for £110

TV is Sony KD-55XD9305
Amp is Onkyo TX-SR343
4K players multiregion for blu-ray available at TPS and Multiregionmagic
Within your budget is Sony MR X700 from £279 to £299 or Panasonic MR UB450 from £269 to £289
while Multiregionmagic has both the UB450 and X700 at £289.

If you only want Multiregion for DVD, Panasonic players can be made MR using a remote hack available from ebay for around £15.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom