4K Player picture connection on FZ800

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by mrjaffa, Jul 12, 2019.

1. mrjaffa

mrjaffa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    When I first upgraded to 4K i had problems with the signal as i was running a 15m cable. I tried some other cables, but realised i had to get it down to 7.5m. And at a push I did. All working ok 95% of the time.

However, the cable I have doesn’t seem to fit very well in the amp and he slightest movement resulted on loss of picture on my V6, XBOX or Samsung 4kPlayer. But with a wiggle, would come back on.

I had other issues with the LG OLED and ended up upgrading a year later to the Panasonic.

V6 working fine. Xbox working fine. And watched a 4K on the player after a few nights of having the TV and it was perfect.... Since however, I can not get the blu ray player to stay on. It is constantly flickering on and off. I tried connecting directly to the TV to test with another shorter cable and was fine.
    So yes, its the cable and I understand the issue with 4K over this kind of distance. But how strange that it was ok with LG and not with the Panasonic, even though it did work one night for a few hours.

Any advice?

2. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    All devices can be susceptible to poor cables, but some seem to me more sensitive than others. Some will appear to work well and you can get away with it, but the truth is, the only guaranteed cables are ‘premium certified ones’. It’s easy to make 1 & 2m cables and for these I buy Amazon Basic 4k cables and have never had an issue. Over 2m I’d tend to recommend Prem Cert cables, which most makes max out at 5m, but the odd few go to 7.5m. Anything over 5m/7.5m you’ll need a fibre hdmi, which can cost as little as ~£32-50.. Some will argue you don’t need it, but quite often it’s because the user is not running the cable at 18gb or they are just getting away with it or not seeing the issues, blank screens, sparkles or long sync times..

3. mrjaffa

mrjaffa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for the reply.

I understand all the issues with 4K over long distances and using premium certified, the 7.5m I have is just that.

Just thought it was odd how I had been getting away with it but not now with the new TV.

Guess I’m splashing out £50 for a HDMI over Fiber cable :-/

4. Thatsnotmynaim

Thatsnotmynaim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Only ~£30 today on Amazon prime day!!! :)

5. mrjaffa

mrjaffa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I missed this!