• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

4k or not 4k.. can't decide

Jd03

Novice Member
I have managed to get my Tv decision down to 2 and it really comes down to whether I go for a 4k model or not:

4k - Samsung UE50JU6800
Non 4k - Sony Bravia KDL50W805c

I am pretty split right now and although I am confident I would be happy with either I could do with a push in one direction if anyone has any words of wisdom or advice.

Thanks

Old Bones

What do you watch and how fast is your broadband? 4K wants HD full time and fast broadband for Netflix, etc. If your someone who has that, or will have it, then 4K sounds fine. If not, then go full HD.

Jd03

Novice Member
I do not currently watch Netflix.
Mainly watch Sky sports HD, my main concern regarding the Samsung therefore is 60Hz panel.
I also currently have last years Sony Hd tv which I am more than happy with, especially when watching football, so I will probably play safe and stick with the Sony.
Thanks for your info!!

jefferys77

Novice Member
I have managed to get my Tv decision down to 2 and it really comes down to whether I go for a 4k model or not:

4k - Samsung UE50JU6800
Non 4k - Sony Bravia KDL50W805c

I am pretty split right now and although I am confident I would be happy with either I could do with a push in one direction if anyone has any words of wisdom or advice.

Thanks
I have a 4k tv in the form of a Samsung ju7000, but for my money I would go for the top of the line Samsung j-series HD TV. You can either save cash or get a much larger screen. I used to be a huge Sony tv fan, but Samsung has over taken them. Samsung has much better smart features too. (look for my post on UHD vs HD on the ju7000 review posts.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom